Rainbow Momos Rug - last one in stock marked down due to minor imperfection
** We have one more 4x6 in stock, but we are marking it down due to a minor imperfection.
We typically have our artisan partner add a seam at each end of the rugs. This is a finishing treatment that hides the knotted warp ends of the threads. This rug slipped through the cracks of our last order and did not receive seams.
The rug itself is the same quality, we just think the ends look unfinished so, for that reason, we are offering this one at a discount.
If you have sewing skills and a machine with the appropriate needle, you could sew a seam yourself. Or, a local seamstress should be able to do it for you.
Warm neutral tones with a pop of gold create an inviting color palette on our shaggy rainbow rug.
About this product
- All the pieces in our Momos rug collection have been handwoven by our artisan partner in Momostenango, Guatemala
- A truly artisanal process, each rug is woven on a pedal loom with thread spun from the wool of free-roaming sheep in the region.
- The wool is carded and spun by hand and naturally dyed with plants.
- Due to the handmade nature of these pieces, no two pieces are exactly the same and might vary slightly in color and size
- We recommend placing a high-quality rug pad beneath your high-pile rugs to secure them in place and to prevent bunching
***These rugs are beautifully made, but they're rustic and might not suit your tastes if you're looking for something spotless and pristine! Since the wool is cleaned, carded, and spun by hand from free-roaming sheep, one should expect to see small bits of plant matter embedded into the threads.**
**Our weavers do their best to clean the yarn, and we do an additional cleaning when we receive the rugs, but bits of organic matter will remain. These can be picked out with thread scissors as they appear and bits of dirt that become dislodged can be gently vacuumed on the lowest setting.**